Sunday 11 December 2011

Mullet Dresses

So I've done two things wrong recently... First I am skipping Weekly Wish List because I don't have anything I want ( even with Christmas coming up!) and second I haven't made a post in a long while. Sorry for both of those! Seeing as my formal was on Friday night, I decided to write about a popular style of formal dress. A dress I like to call, the mullet dress.


Long at the back, short at the front. I am a little unsure about them though. If worn by the right person they can look really good but on others it can look terrible, just like a mullet. I think it's because it's not a really flattering cut. It doesn't do much in terms of making your legs look longer or making you look taller. So if you are going to wear a mullet dress you would have to have long legs or be tall. I do like the fact though that they are a different to a normal straight hemmed dress. I like how there are lots of different layers in the dress above compared to the one mullet layer dresses. I also think they material used would has to be plain. If it's printed it would take away from the hem and be a bit overpowering. I also think the top half has to be simple and like most of the mullet dresses I have seen, strapless. Even though I've given them a bad name I don't think the mullet dress is that bad. I'm just not one hundred percent convinced yet...

Are you convinced? Will the mullet dress stay for long?

2 comments:

  1. I'm convinced! i really like them. they're different. a little more playful than a straight hem long dress but an edge to the short party dress. Also, in the right fabric, in the right colour, on the right body (like my gorgeous best friend who wore one), it can look quite stunning and can be quite flattering. She has a tiny waist and her 'mullet dress' showed it off then flowed nicely down her legs. I do agree that you need quite nice long legs to pull it off well though.
    I do like the name you've given it though hahaha nice one. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes she did look stunning... That's what has made me have a little bit of love for them :) xxx

    ReplyDelete