Sunday 4 December 2011

Weekly Wish List: Mexican Stripes



Stripe Sleeve T-Shirt

Stripe Poncho Dress
This week I am really loving the material used in House of Holland's resort collection. Of course I am the biggest fan of stripes but this has a Mexican twist. I also love the bright colours used. I have been getting a little bored with colour blocking so instead I have been going for bright Aztec or Mexican style prints. My three favourites of the collection is the stripe t-shirt, shorts and the stripe poncho dress. The dress would be the easiest to wear. Not having to worry about what matches with it. I also really like the style of the dress. I'm a big fan of high collars and I love how the hem is not straight giving a good contrast to the simple top half. The shorts wouldn't be too hard either and they are a little more subtle. Even subtler would have to be the t-shirt. I think the t-shirt would only work well with the shorts. Otherwise I think it would be too plain and verge on looking like a rash vest (the t-shirts people wear when swimming...).

What do you think, too bright to wear in real life?

1 comment:

  1. No i dont think its too bright. i think its awesome!!! i love this print. its exciting. love the dress :)

    ReplyDelete