Tuesday 13 December 2011

Newspaper Nails




Yes I am holding the new Frankie!
 With the new nail art trend becoming more and more popular, I decided to give them a go. The pictures are quite dodgy (sorry!) but they are newspaper nails. I basically painted my nails the colour I wanted and then transferred newspaper print onto them. How, you ask... Well the trick was to use something with alcohol in it. The instructions I was using suggested vodka but I stuck with using the little alcohol wipes you use when you get a cut. They seemed to work quite well. This was my first time doing it so they weren't too amazing but I still think they look pretty cool. I'll keep practising! Though the queen of nail art, Alexa Chung has the most amazing type of nail art.




I would love to be able to do these ones myself because they are absolutely gorgeous. But somehow I don't think that's even close to being possible. I love the green colour and how it gradually gets stronger. I also love how it'd made up of little crystal type things. May be I'll be able to get it done in a proper nail salon...

1 comment: