Tuesday 19 July 2011

Pleats Please

The fabric store may not agree with me but pleats are back. You're probably thinking, what's the fabric store got to do with anything? Well do I have a story for you!
I have recently been for pleated fabric to make a dress with and no one has any or if they did it's all sold out. In one store apparently I was the first to ever ask in four years the sales assistant had worked there... surely I'm not the first to catch on to this trend in four years. So now I am hand pleating... and trying to prove that pleating is coming back in fashion!
Here are a few photos of pleating from my favorite clothing lines... enjoy the pleating trend! I will be joining you all after a million hours hand sewing and ironing pleats. That is if I don't get sick of them by then.
Zara Accordion Pleat Skirt
Topshop, fuchsia pleated high waisted shorts
ASOS Short sleeve pleated dress
Just noticing how much blue there is as well...hmmm. Better watch out for that too!

1 comment:

  1. I do believe you and i love the shorts! nad the dress :) but not sure if i could pull off the 'below the knee' skirt trend thats happening atm :/

    ReplyDelete