Monday 28 November 2011

All That Glitters

Sportsgirl Disco Mini-Dress
Sportsgirl Frankie Dress

Sequins are becoming more and more popular in clothing. Slowly we are getting use to the fact that they can be worn by people other than five year old dancers. This trend has been adapted from the fashions of the 1920's and yes I am a big fan. Though if you are going to wear this trend you can't do it half heartedly. It only works well if it's a full sequined top or dress. It also has to be a simple style. If the piece of clothing is too intricate it will take away from the amazing detail of the sequins. The only thing with this trend is the cost. Both of these dresses cost quite a bit... between $200-$300! Probably because of the crazy amount of stitching involved. My favourite out of these two dresses is the aztec style printed one. The colours are brighter and lighter. Gives it more of a summery feel. Though I like the simple two strapped style of the second one. If I had the patience I would probably attempt to sew one but it would probably take me until next year and I think I've had enough of hand sewing for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment