Tuesday 13 September 2011

MSFW: The purchases









Long time no post, I know. Sorry! So Melbourne fashion week... It was amazing! I had a great time and went a bit crazy with the shopping. Though I did get some good purchases and yes I am sharing them with you. I finally found some formal shoes! They aren’t nude like I planned or snake skin like I wanted. Instead they are grey (the ones featured in the top two pictures). I know they don’t seem like they would go with a light pink dress but surprisingly they do and I promise, the purple is not seen.  I feel a bit guilty though because they were nearly twice the amount of my dress...
Ok so next pair of shoes. They are just some plan sandals I got for summer. The gladiator was not as popular last summer so I think it will be the same this summer. That’s why I like these pair of sandals. They’re part gladiator part woven and should hopefully be very fashionable. You may recognise the next purchase. Yes, it was one of my wish list items. Yes, it was the one I’ve wanted for ages. And yes, it was uber expensive.... But it was worth it.
The next purchase is some material. The fabric shop I bought it from was seriously so cool. So what am I going to make with them? Well with the purple material I am going to make a simple tank top style dress.  With the brown and pink spotted material I am going to make the pants I made before in the grey material... And lastly with the bright printed colour material I am going to make an awesome pair of swimmers. Hopefully... If I get the spare time.
Now for my very very very (26 days from today) early birthday present. My tiffany&co earrings. All I can say is I love them and I am very lucky to be the owner of them. Though when I first saw them I thought they were going to look too big on my ears but now I definitely disagree with that.
So for the last of my purchases. My sass&bide necklace.  It says ‘defend the people’ and it’s a little strange but that’s why I fell in love with it.  From far away it looks simple, so it suits me well as I don’t really like lots busy of jewellery.
That’s it for my purchases...  and in case you were wondering I am going to post about the show itself... when I get another spare 5 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! the shoes are perfect, the dress amazing,the fabrics so exciting! the earings classic and gorgeous(and incredible photo ;)), and the necklace breaks my heart because i dont owne it. i love sass and bide to bits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO HAPPY YOU GOT THE WHITE DRESSY THING. I have no fashion sense but I really really loved that when you brought it up before. Love everything else too, especially the formal shoes. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete