Thursday 13 October 2011

Finito!

The inspiration...


And the final product...




Countless hours of hand sewing. A million times of unpicking.  A few outbursts of anger and I am finally finished. Finito! It may have not turned out how I originally planned with everything working well but it’s done (and my goodness I couldn’t be happier). For those who have seen it in the making, hopefully you actually like it much more than you did when it was a piece of green material sewn here and there. Those who couldn’t quite picture it with my crazy descriptions, I hope you can now or else you might need to get your eyes checked.  And those of you who (pretty much all of you) who have put up with my whining about it, aren't you happy it's over (for now)... I still love Katy's dress but mine turned out softer. The strap is different and I didn't use a jaggered hem. My pleats on the bodice are also different. I think they are a little flatter but I can't really tell from the picture of Katy's dress. One thing I keep getting asked about it is when are you going to wear it? Ahhh Good question... I don't know. Right now all I care about is handing it in, getting a good mark for it and forgetting about it for a little while.

P.S. I am going away for ten days and haven't yet planned any posts for when I am gone. So if I have time and Internet, I promise I will try to post but other wise I am really sorry! I'll make up for it when I come back.


4 comments:

  1. the photos look so professional!!!! and good work hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ash it looks amazing!! it defiantly looks a million times better than I imagined! All the pleats and hand stitching look so proffesional and so worth all that hard work :) congrats ash you should be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley its incredible!!!!! What an amazing job! your hard work deffinitely pain off. ahh i cant get over how awesome it is! people would pay a hefty amount of money to buy this dress. and i can see it in places like Barneys ;)
    Balenciaga, ASHELY M, Givenchy, Fendi. You fit right it!

    ReplyDelete