Saturday 28 January 2012

I Heart You





First up, they are really dodgy photos but I just wanted to post them up even though I am uber tired. So that probably explains why they are terrible. The first two pictures ( if you can even call them that!) are of a necklace I crochet. I got the pattern from Pip Lincoln's book, Make Hey While the Sun Shines. I originally had no idea how to crochet and was going to teach myself from the book to make it for my mum's birthday. That was in November. I struggled to figure out how to do and eventually had to give in and get mum to teach me how to make her own birthday present... Two months late. It's not that it was even hard. Once I got the hang of it I had finished within a couple of hours. What made me really like it was that it's a bib necklace but it has the quirky touch of crochet. I also thought it was pretty cute that it was called, I heart you. The last picture is of my very own labels. I recently decided that I wanted to make labels to put on everything I make. So when I found a website that did them I was really excited and as of Friday, I now have them ready to sew onto everything. It's really hard to see what they say in the picture but it says the brand name, Olivia Ashley and then of course where they are made, Australia. I decided to keep the tag simple. So they background is a cream sort of colour and the writing is silver. Eventually they will be sewn onto everything that I have made... Hopefully that won't take two months...

No comments:

Post a Comment