Thursday 26 January 2012

Something Vintage





Vintage clothing seems to be very popular with a lot of people. Some can make their whole wardrobe from it but before this dress I had never tried it. It's not that I had anything against it, it's just I really didn't know where to start. So when I was invited to go look at newly opened vintage shop I was excited to give it a go. I didn't expect to find anything or if I did would have to mend it somehow. Though I did find this dress and luckily for me it fit pretty much perfectly. It wasn't cheap but I decided to buy it anyway. The shop owner also was dying to see the dress worn with a red scarf, to create a sailor look. So she nicely threw in the scarf though I decided to try it differently. On my head. Sort of turban like. It creates more of a hippy look. This dress also has a few cool secrets. First it looks like it's made from cotton but it's sort of  a terry towelling material and second it has some awesome hidden pockets. I love it because even though it is vintage (I don't know from what era!) it looks modern and almost any colour shoe or accessory matches with the navy and white. I also like the illusion it creates... It does make me look taller - Yay! I am yet to actually wear it but I think if I did, unlike this photo I would wear my hair tied up to show off the stripes more.

What do you think? Do you wear much vintage? Or do you stay away from second hand clothes?



2 comments:

  1. ash you look amazing, i love the dress! the stripes are very you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you! Yes I keep going for those stipes... hmm :)

    ReplyDelete